See the News
for a complete changelog of accomplished goals.
- Add a lot of handy actions for the clients:
- Reset settings
- All (display warning)
- Panels, wallpaper
- On next login
- Reinitialize account, deleting all files + settings
- Lock screen for configurable number of seconds
- Block Internet
- Add a browser bookmark
- Create a symlink for a shared folder?
- Move files from Desktop to Documents/Found-in-desktop-date?
- Static thumbnail icons when broadcasting?
- Automatically minimize the epoptes window when broadcasting
- Add an options dialog for e.g. thumbnail size
- Plugin system: save commands to custom menus
- Thumbnail size relative to window size, of course with a minimum/maximum limit
- Add some gtk.Entry widgets to play the role of Search boxes/Filters for clients/groups/users
- Log actions in (the client?) syslog, along with the date/name of the epoptes user that issued them
- Make Mute an actual Mute if possible, maybe by using pactl set-card-profile 1 off.
Long term goals
- Move to Qt?
- Have a statusbox under every thumbnail/client and put there status icons/ username/hostname/user account picture/ online-offline icon/mute icon etc...
- Use some python library for more integrated VNC instead of using external apps
- Client screen broadcasting (now you can do that indirectly, broadcast your screen while viewing a student)
- Receive/transmit files to students
- Teacher screen multicasting with gstreamer or VLC
- Video multicasting or streaming with gstreamer or VLC
- Network benchmarking, auto-detect flow control problems etc
- Show to the user the gnome-about-me dialog or userinfo or whatever else the DE offers, to allow him to change password, face picture etc. Having epoptes show a single face picture of the 1-2-3 students that work in each client would be cool.
- Allow the teacher to change the student password, in case they forget it?