Thanks to Jigish Gohil (cyberorg)
, openSUSE packages for epoptes
are now available!
Only a few lines
had to be added upstream in order to support openSUSE, which means that we did a good job on trying not to write distro-specific code. :)
Jigish also mentioned in IRC that it's very easy to get the openSUSE build service to generate packages for other distros:
cyberorg: alkisg, on build service we can build packages for fedora, mandriva, debian, ubuntu, centos, rhel, and few more
cyberorg: if anyone from other distro is interested ping me :)
cyberorg: packages are built on the target distro VM so they are 100% native packages
Thank you Jigish for your excellent work!
Version 0.5.6 supports installing ssvnc instead of xvnc4viewer and contains some bug fixes. Changelog:
- Support ssvnc as an alternative to xvnc4viewer.
- Disable alias editing for clients in the 'Detected' group.
- Correctly parse info for clients with multiple VGAs (LP: #1017140).
- Prefix "-" to fullscreen parameter (LP: #1015239).
Version 0.5.5 solves a problem where the "Assist/Monitor student" function would stop working in the following scenario:
- Assist student
- Close VNC
- Broadcast teacher
- Stop broadcasts
- Assist student
After those steps, Assist student in (5) wouldn't work. Changelog:
- Split vncport to vncviewerport and vncserverport (LP: #1013808).
- New translation: Somali (so).
Version 0.5.4 has translation updates and fixes a problem where thin clients booted with ltsp-pnp
were shown as fat clients. Changelog:
- Remove workaround for bug fixed in twisted.
- Ensure that epoptes-client is actually booted to LTSP before assuming it is operating as a Fat client.
- New translations: Arabic (ar), Catalan (ca), Czech (cs), Galician (gl), Lithuanian (lt), Turkish (tr), Chinese (Simplified) (zh_CN).
- Updated translations: Afrikaans (af), Hebrew (he), Malay (ms), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Dutch (nl), Portuguese (pt), Russian (ru).
Version 0.5.3 fixes some minor bugs and adds new translations. Changelog:
- Use better checks to detect LTSP clients (LP: #975784).
- Correct start-stop-daemon parameters (LP: #975433).
- Add Afrikaans, English (Australia), Malay and Portuguese translations. Many thanks to the translators!
Version 0.5.2 brings minor bug fixes and translation updates. Changelog:
- Correctly match URLs in execute function.
- Introduce EPOPTES_CLIENT_VERIFY_CERTIFICATE lts.conf option.
- Make get-display work with older gdm versions (LP: #966060).
- findUnusedPort: drop optional 'base' parameter as it may cause delays.
- Add Danish translation. Many thanks to the translators!
In version 0.5.0 the epoptes-client dependencies were changed, so you need to update your clients or LTSP chroots, otherwise you'll get a compatibility error message in the Epoptes UI. Changelog:
- Fix typo in remote-assistance (LP: #961907).
- Allow more than one epoptes instances to monitor/assist clients.
- screenshot: don't crash if the connection breaks (LP: #954441).
- epoptes-client: depend on python-gtk2, suggest ssvnc.
- Move remote-assistance to epoptes-client to match dependencies.
- Hide the remote assistance menu item when epoptes-client is not installed.
- Fix windowed broadcast.
- get-display: don't fail if DISPLAY has an invalid (cached) value.
- Avoid disconnecting clients on broken DNS configurations (LP: #949055).
- Fix "unlock" trunk regression (LP: 959522).
- Remove the unused Constants class.
- Allow pango markup in message sending.
- Support ssvncviewer to cope with 24bpp displays (LP: #953512).
- Increase certificate validity to 10 years (LP: #954076).
- Point to epoptes(1), not (8), in README (LP: #953493).
- Use a VNC password instead of allowing only localnet (LP: #937820).
- Don't depend on zenity (LP: #955452).
- Make `epoptes-client -c` contact localhost in fat chroots.
- Allow epoptes-clients using XDMCP (LP: #950720).
- Permit VNC'ing to the login screen (LP: #889669).
- Fix "mute/unmute not found" error (LP: #953521).
- Add Brazilian Portuguese, Hebrew, Slovenian, Ukrainian and Vietnamese translations. Many thanks to the translators!
Version 0.5.0 was released as 0.5.1 in Debian, while including some more translated strings, it will be published in Ubuntu as well in about a week.
Version 0.4.4 improves stability, allows for displaying the real user names, and remembers more user settings. Changelog:
- screenshot: exit cleanly when X isn't available.
- Handle late connectionLost events better.
- Replace the View menu with the Labels menu.
- Ability to show real names instead of usernames.
- Don't use epoptes-client.init on LTSP 5.3.
- Get the active display when executing root commands.
- Remember more user settings (labels, history).
- Don't hang on close, on Ubuntu 12.04.
- Mark epoptes as the owner of /etc/epoptes (Closes: #661083).
- Extract shell code from python scripts for maintainability.
- Don't crash when clients with a bad certificate connect (LP: #940114).
- Add Spanish and Swedish translations. Many thanks to the translators!
Note that due to an uploading problem, the about dialog might still report version 0.4.3 instead of 0.4.4.
Version 0.4.3 brings some UI changes and bug fixes. Changelog:
- New icons!
- Add some handy actions in the toolbar.
- Move the Labels sub-menu under the 'View' menu.
- Make the lock screen message translatable.
- Users couldn't launch epoptes when SOCKET_GROUP=their primary groups.
- Add Polish and Hungarian translations. Many thanks to the translators!
Version 0.4.2 is a bug fixing release. Changelog:
- If epoptes is ran from a thin client, don't display that client.
- Background epoptes-client when running from if-up.
- Log less, and let twistd handle the rotation.
- Translation updates.
- Don't fail when the last thumbnail byte is a space.